HEAD OF RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Our client is an award-winning Computer Vision startup based in Manchester UK. They are changing the world of home decoration and interior design through the application of advanced computer vision techniques they’ve pioneered in house.
The problem they are solving is that of the Imagination Gap; an inability to imagine what new home furnishings and decorations look like in a user’s own room. They have built a platform that allows a user to take a picture of their room with their phone/tablet and automatically recognise the walls, floors, ceilings, objects and lighting conditions in those rooms. They then allow the user to render wallpapers, carpets, paints, artwork and furniture in that room
- Align the business’s R&D efforts with business objectives.
- Deliver robust, working technology that solves computer vision and machine learning problems.
- Manage of the research team to define and deliver research objectives.
- Provide strategic guidance for the company’s overall technical direction.
- Represent the company’s technological development to external clients and the public.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Proven background in developing and deploying robust solutions to computer vision and machine learning problems.
- PhD in an area related to computer vision and machine learning.
- Knowledgeable about the state-of-the-art techniques in the following areas:
- Deep learning, convolutional neural networks.
- 3D computer vision, SLAM, structure from motion.
- Image segmentation.
- Object detection
- Experience running a R&D team in an agile environment and delivering on business objectives.
- Strong software development skills and knowledge of the computer vision and machine learning and computer vision software ecosystem.
- Ideally, experience with Python and C++.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Broad technical knowledge of application architectures.