ACCOUNTS & PAYROLL MANAGER
Our client is a successful communications company based in Manchester.
As the Accounts and Payroll Manager you are required to support the Business through the execution of high quality Accounts and Payroll duties. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential to this role to fulfil the key responsibilities listed below.
- It is essential that you can explain things simply and easily and communicate with stakeholders with varying levels of understanding of Accounts and Payroll.
- You will be expected to resolve accounting and payroll queries via phone and e-mail and where applicable, escalating them to ensure issues are resolved appropriately and timely.
- This is an ideal opportunity for a strong well rounded accounts/payroll expert looking to work in a varied standalone role and as part of a busy head office.
- Takes full ownership and responsibility for administrative activities relating to payroll
- Takes a proactive approach to developing knowledge and skills within own profession
- Always seeks innovative, yet appropriate ways of working, never let complacency set in;
- Is approachable, with an effective communication style with all stakeholders
- Demonstrate 100% pride in what you do; sustain this through every aspect of your work
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of SAGE 50 accounts and SAGE Payroll systems
- Good awareness and knowledge of Time and Attendance Systems
- Excellent understanding of Excel including formulas and producing reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload with confidence
- AAT Qualified or equivalent
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Day to day control of accounts payables, accounts receivables and reconciliation of bank accounts to ensure that finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for the Payroll using SAGE payroll for circa 150 employees including starters and leavers, employee payroll queries, Time and Attendance, P45’s, P46’s, SSP – Sick Pay, SMP – Maternity Pay, SSP Paternity pay, general payroll paperwork, preparation of monthly BACS payments and termination payments
- Production of monthly, quarterly, and year end management accounts and reports to the Board of Directors
- Dealing with HMRC and PAYE, ensuring the company remain compliant with regulations & guidelines and ensuring all statutory reporting is completed to the highest standards
- Bank reconciliation and accurate completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Checking and processing of staff expenses
- Assisting with preparation of accruals, credit control and payment schedules
- General finance administration including filing, archiving, taking phone calls and providing support to other team members as and when required